Katy Perry Lands Billboard’s Woman Of The Year Honor!

Categories: Uncategorized

Katy Perry has been named Billboard’s Woman of the Year.

The “Teenage Dream” was thrilled with the honor of being granted the award and appreciates being recognized for her musical talent and for being a strong independent woman.

Perry told Billboard magazine, “When I heard, I was very honored. I was also a bit surprised because I thought my year was over! Especially with ending the tour last year, but it’s nice to see that it’s been extended. It does feel like this record has never ended!”

Katy’s fans stood outside of the Capitale to catch a glimpse of the pop star. She thanked her fans and her mother at the event.

Perry said as she accepted the award, “I don’t really like to call myself a role model for my fans, but I hope I’m an inspiration, especially for young women”.

Katy Perry released her hit album “Teenage Dream” in 2010 and the record hit double platinum and landed five number one hits on the Billboard Hot 100 chart that spilled over to 2011. She tied the record Michael Jackson set with “Thriller” for most hits from a single album.

The adorable singer has had a huge year and completed her 124-date tour in 2011 and released her movie “Katy Perry: Part of Me”.

Katy has had a rough year after divorcing comedian Russell Brand in January. But, the singer seems to have moved on with singer John Mayer. Sources even report they are searching for a home together inLos Angeles.

Presented by The Griper – E.Cowan

Written by stupidcelebrities.net

Gabriel Aubry Dropping Restraining Order Against Olivier Martinez

Categories: Uncategorized

Gabriel Aubry has dropped his plan to make a temporary restraining order permanent against Halle Berry‘s fiance, Olivier Martinez, following their brutal Thanksgiving day beat down, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

“Gabe has agreed to drop legal proceedings for the temporary restraining order against Olivier to be made permanent,” a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com exclusively. “Gabe suffered horrific injuries from the fight, but as part of the settlement he reached with Halle on Thursday he agreed to drop the bid for the permanent restraining order. Gabe feels that there are enough layers of protection in the settlement agreement that will protect him and Nahla in the future.”

The restraining order hearing was scheduled for December 17 and sources tell Radar that “neither party will show in court on that day and the matter will simply be dismissed by the judge.”

As previously reported, Aubry was in court Thursday afternoon with his attorney Shawn Holley, andBerry’s lawyer, Blair Berk, released a statement following the proceedings.

“The parties reached an amicable agreement. There will be no further statements regarding this matter,” Berk and Holley announced in a handwritten joint statement.

Meanwhile, the battling exes and Martinez are trying their hardest to move forward and maintain peace for the sake of 4-year-old Nahla.

“All parties wanted what was best for Nahla and that was the main goal of the settlement,” the source says. “All three of the adults are moving on and have vowed to never let something like this ever happen again.”

Presented by The Griper – E.Cowan

Written by radaronline.com

Led Zeppelin’s Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Paul Jones To Give Rare Interview On ‘Letterman’ – EXCLUSIVE

Categories: Uncategorized

Here comes another round of Led Zeppelin reunion rumors.

The revered rock band’s three surviving members — Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, and current Rolling Stone cover boy Jimmy Page — have been confirmed for a rare TV interview on The Late Show With David Letterman next week, EW can exclusively announce.

The Led Zep vets have been spending a fair amount of time together lately as they promote this month’s Celebration Day, the DVD/CD version of the reunion-ish concert that they staged in London back in 2007. And as we reported last month, the trio’s encounter with the press resulted in “politely terse” to “cheekily hostile” interactions, especially regarding the question of a band reunion. All of this should hopefully make their chat with Dave an interesting one.

The interview will air on Monday, Dec. 3 — which, in fact, is the day after both Letterman and the Led Zep members will be honored at the 35th Annual Kennedy Center Honors inWashington,D.C.The ceremony itself will air on CBS on Dec. 26.

Presented by The Griper – E.Cowan

Written by ew.com

Carrie Underwood Cast As Maria Von Trapp In NBC’s ‘The Sound of Music’

Categories: Uncategorized

Carrie Underwood is taking on an iconic role next year as the country superstar will be stepping in to Julie Andrews’ shoes and portraying Maria Von Trapp on next year’s live TV broadcast of The Sound of Music.

“Speaking for everyone at NBC, we couldn’t be happier to have the gifted Carrie Underwood take up the mantle of the great Maria von Trapp,” Robert Greenblatt, chairman of NBC, said in a statement.

“She was an iconic woman who will now be played by an iconic artist,” Greenblatt continued.

The three-hour live telecast, set to air around the holidays next year, will be produced by Smash producers, Craig Zadan and Neil Moran, who are also producing the 2013 Academy Awards.

“We’re thrilled to be presenting the Broadway version of The Sound of Music live,” said Zadan and Meron, “and having Carrie Underwood as the star brings it to a new generation who will fall in love with it for the first time as many millions of people already have. It’s a particular joy to us as producers to see this amazing artist stretch into new territory with this classic musical.”

Underwood’s previous acting credits include a role in the 2011 film, Soul Surfer, and a guest spot on CBS’ sitcom, How I Met Your Mother.

Presented by The Griper – E.Cowan

Written by celebuzz.com

‘Family Guy’ Movie? Seth MacFarlane Floats Idea And Announces Oscar Contest During Surprise UCLA Visit

Categories: Uncategorized

Oscar host Seth MacFarlane is inviting college students to join him on stage at the Academy Awards.

The “Family Guy” creator made a surprise appearance at UCLA to announce a contest sponsored by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences and MTV that will allow winning college students to appear on the Feb. 24 Oscar telecast.

The contest invites students to submit videos on the academy’s Facebook page describing how they’ll contribute to the future of film. At least six winners will serve as trophy carriers on the Oscar show, replacing the leggy models who usually perform the duties.

MacFarlane spent 40 minutes leading the undergraduate film and television class at UCLA’s Westwood campus on Wednesday as part of MTV’s “Stand In” series, which brings celebrities to colleges as guest lecturers.

“In re-imagining what we want the Oscar show to be, we wanted everyone appearing on that stage to feel a deep commitment to film and its legacy, and most importantly, its future,” said Oscar telecast producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron in a statement. “That was the impetus in creating this special honor for young film students who will inspire a new generation to create the films that will be honored in the future.”

The contest is also aimed at drawing younger viewers favored by advertisers to the Oscars’ aging TV audience. Like UCLA student Abby Smith, who immediately pulled out her smartphone to share the moment on Facebook when MacFarlane appeared before her class.

“Seth MacFarlane is speaking to my film lecture for the next hour,” Smith posted. “I’m having a panic attack.”

The 39-year-old entertainer urged the aspiring filmmakers and show-runners in the class to make a “commercially viable student film” before leaving school, adding that “Family Guy” was based on his own student film.

And MacFarlane said “Family Guy” could once again become a film. He said he’s already come up with a concept for a feature-length movie and promised “it will happen at some point.”

MacFarlane cheekily described the Academy Awards as “a crazy little variety show” and said “all I can do is do what I think is funny and most entertaining.”

“The Oscars is a tricky venue,” he said. “The (hosts) who have not done well, I would classify them as a noble failure, an honorable failure, because at least they were trying something new… If I can do it without torpedoing my career and getting drummed out of the business… All I can do is my very best.”

He paused a beat, and added, “Lame (expletive) answer.”

Presented by The Griper – E.Cowan

Written by huffingtonpost.com

Former ‘CSI’ Actor, Gary Dourdan Gets 5 Years Probation

Categories: Uncategorized

After allegedly breaking his ex-girlfriend’s nose in a fight last year, former “CSI: Crime Scene Investigation” star Gary Dourdan has avoided jail.

The actor was arrested in November 2011 after an altercation with Nicole Cannizzaro at his home inVenice,Calif., and has since brokered a deal with prosecutors.

Dourdan has been placed on formal probation for five years and must also complete one year of domestic violence counseling. He must also get drug counseling to deal with his ongoing drug problems.

According to TMZ.com, the actor must stay away from the victim for five years.

This guy neds to get a grip. Who does he think he is..Chris Brown?

Written by The Griper – E.Cowan

Lindsay Lohan’s Assistant Begs Her: Get The Help You ‘Desperately Need’

Categories: Uncategorized

Lindsay kicked her assistant out of the car at the police station, following her arrest on Nov. 28. Gavin Doyle then used Twitter to beg LiLo to get ‘help!’

Lindsay Lohan is not having the best week. After getting arrested on Nov. 28 for allegedly assaulting Tiffany Eve Mitchell at a nightclub in NYC, the actress is falling out with her friends. Her assistant, Gavin Doyle, used twitter to tell Lindsay to get “help” after an altercation on Nov. 29.“

[Lindsay], after bailing you out last night I HOPE and PRAY you get the help you so desperately need. We are ALL rooting for you. xxx,” Lindsay’s assistant Gavin wrote on Twitter after her arrest.

Lindsay reportedly kicked Gavin out of her car after he bailed her out at the police station on Nov. 29. According to Gawker, after Gavin gets into the car, Lindsay is heard yelling, “Gavin get out of the car, get out of the car Gavin! Get him out of the car, now! Gavin get out! Gavin get out of the f***** car. Now.”

Gavin allegedly replied, “Okay. Never speak to me again,” before walking down the street with his jacket over his head.

Following Gavin’s plea for Lindsay on Twitter, he added, “Life is NOT a movie it’s a reality that needs to be faced.”

Presented by The Griper – E.Cowan

Written by hollywoodlife.com

John Travolta Boasts How He Helped Cure ‘Car Wreck’ Victim in Church of Scientology Magazine Interview

Categories: Uncategorized

John Travolta has claimed he helped a car crash survivor who was suffering “constant pain” from a broken ankle by using a mysterious Scientology procedure called “an assist” — leaving the victim “noticeably better” afterwards.

The Saturday Night Fever star, who has been studying Scientology since 1975, spoke about the incident in the controversial religion’s latest edition of their publication, Celebrity Magazine.

“I was in Shanghai recently at a work event and the Master of Ceremonies’ best friend had recently gotten into a car wreck. He had broken his ankle and was in constant pain,” the 57-year-old revealed in an article titled “John Travolta: Stayin’ Very Alive.”

“I asked him permission to do some Scientology assists and he said, ‘Okay sure’.

“People were standing around watching as I did them. You could actually see him confronting the pain and after a while he looked up at me and said ‘I feel better’ so I said ‘Okay end of assist.’

“He had gotten noticeably better and I was chomping at the bit for more.”

The popular star and devout Scientologist spoke about how he liked to use his unorthodox skills to help people that he meets on the street.

According to the Scientology handbook, an ‘assist’ is a process whereby a Scientologist helps an individual to heal himself — or to be healed by another agency — by removing his or her reasons for precipitating and prolonging his condition and lessening their predisposition to further injure themselves or remain in an intolerable condition.

The TV and film icon, who holds 11 licenses to fly jet airplanes, credits the religion for helping him become such an accomplished aviator.

In the interview, Travolta reveals that he used to drive his aeronautics instructors crazy because he was so detailed in his requests about how every part of a plane worked.

“I’m a high school dropout. Now, what are the odds of a high school dropout having 11 jet licenses? Not very high. Well, with just a little bit of Study Technology under my belt found I could totally understand the subject and for that matter any subject that I chose,” he added.

Travolta and his wife Kelly Preston are enjoying being parents again to their infant son Benjamin Travolta, 2, after their son Jett, who suffered from autism, died at the age of 16. He hit his head in a bathtub at the family’s vacation home at the Old Bahama Hotel on the Grand Bahama Island in 2009.

And during a recent appearance on The Doctors, Preston opened up for the first time about Jett’s autism and what she believed caused it.

“He was autistic, he had seizures, and when he was very young he had Kawasaki syndrome. I strongly believe as a mother, as does my husband, that there are certain contributing factors that lead to autism,”Preston, 50, revealed.

For her, those included a bout of food poisoning while she was pregnant, her ‘fast and hard labor’ and taking antibiotics while breast feeding, which gave Jett thrush (a common yeast infection in the mouth which has been linked to a symptom of autism).

Travolta and Preston, who also have a 12-year-old daughter Ella, are among Scientology’s highest profile celebrities in Hollywood, as well as Tom Cruise, Kirstie Alley and Jenna Elfman.

Presented by The Griper – E.Cowan

Written by celebuzz.com

Lindsay Lohan Arrested: ‘She’s in God’s Hands Now and They’re a Hell of A Lot Worse Than Mine,’ Says Dad

Categories: Uncategorized

After Lindsay Lohan’s latest arrest, her father is not coming to her rescue – or her defense.

In fact, Michael Lohan told Celebuzz he’s leaving her fate up to God.

“I’ve done all I can do,” Michael said, adding he hasn’t spoken to his 26-year-old daughter since her arrest this morning. “If she doesn’t get it by now, forget it. If she doesn’t see the signs, it’s horrible.

“She’s in God’s hands now and they’re a hell of a lot worse than mine.”

While Michael is making statements about his daughter’s latest run-in with the law, Lindsay’s mother and manager Dina Lohan is speaking out about his comments, imploring him to “stop injecting yourself into every story,” she said in a statement to Entertainment Tonight.

“While I cannot, and will not comment on open legal matters involving my daughter who I love dearly, I will respond to her father’s latest media grabbing headlines. Instead of rushing to a camera or a microphone, wouldn’t my ex’s alleged parental concerns to protect our daughter be better served by handling her challenges privately,” Dina said in the statement.

“Why would Lindsay trust a parent who tapes and sells her private recordings, a father who shows up by himself with a television crew to force his entry into her home for an ‘intervention’, an ‘intervention’ I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT,” she continued. “Before you go to the press a minute after our daughter’s headlines hits the airwaves, take a pause Michael, stop injecting yourself into every story, as this once again proves to your daughter, your sole desperate agenda is in keeping yourself relevant.”

The Liz & Dick actress was taken into New York Police Department custody early Thursday morning. She was charged with a third degree misdemeanor assault after allegedly punching Tiffany Eve Mitchell during a late-night altercation at Avenue nightclub in theChelsea neighborhood.

The fight started when Lindsay allegedly told the 28-year-old, who was sitting at a nearby table, to “Give [her] space.” The war of words turned physical with the embattled actress allegedly punched the female patron on the left side of her face.

Lindsay was cuffed when the police stopped her car as she left the venue.

This is the second time Lindsay has been taken into custody in NYC over the last few months. In September, she was arrested for an alleged hit-and-run in front of the Dream hotel.

Presented by The Griper – E.Cowan

Not sure..but isn’t this supposed to be about Lindsay?  It’s no surprise she’s so screwed up considering both her so-called parents can’t help but rush to the press to speak about..themselves. Lindsay better find someone who really cares about her or unfortunately she’ll end up like others making millions of dollars annually because they’re –  DEAD.

Written by celebuzz.com

Matthew McConaughey Describes Weight Loss As Spiritual Journey

Categories: Uncategorized

Matthew McConaughey may LOOK sick with his extreme weight loss for his role in ‘Dallas Buyers Club,’ but he assures everyone he’s fine.

“I feel fine. I really do. I’m eating fresh fish. I’m just eating small amounts. I’m not being starved. If anything, it’s as much a spiritual journey as it is physical.”

A spiritual journey. That’s a new way to look at weight loss- LOL. Matthew admits his body has (obviously) changed.

“Everything has shrunk quite a bit. … I don’t have the leverage I used to. I have body soreness. … [But] I’m as healthy as can be. My blood pressure, everything’s fine.”

Matthew also said he’ll have to be careful about gaining weight once he’s done shooting this movie.

“You can’t just start eating cheeseburgers and ice cream. Your body will go into shock.”

Guess that cheeseburger he’s dreaming about will have to wait! It sounds like Matthew’s working pretty closely with a doctor throughout this whole process. That’s a good thing.

Presented by The Griper – E.Cowan

Written by imnotobbsessed.com

%d bloggers like this: