Daniel Craig Confirms Return To James Bond

Categories: Uncategorized

The actor told ‘Late Show’ host Stephen Colbert that he will be returning for his fifth film as the famous spy in ‘Bond 25.’

James Bond fans were shaken and stirred Tuesday night.

Daniel Craig officially confirmed he will return to the role of Agent 007 in the upcoming Bond 25 on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on Tuesday. Craig had previously been attached to the project by reports from The New York Times and others, but never confirmed personally — until his appearance on Colbert’s show.

“Yes,” Craig told Colbert point-blank, when asked if he will return as the secret agent. He said he’s known he would reprise the role for “a couple of months” now. “We’ve been discussing it, we’ve just been trying to figure things out,” he explained, adding, “I always wanted to, I needed a break.”

He also confirmed that it would be the last time he would tackle the iconic role, saying, “I just want to go out on a high note, and I can’t wait.”

Craig earlier Tuesday morning told a Boston radio program, “I’d hate to burst the bubble, but no decision has been made at the moment. There’s a lot of noise out there and nothing official has been confirmed, and I’m not, like, holding out for more money or doing anything like that. It’s just all very personal decisions to be made at the moment,” Craig said on Morning Magic 106.7. “I know they’re desperate to get going and I would, in theory, love to do it, but there is no decision just yet.”

Craig referenced these earlier interviews during his appearance on The Late Show saying, “I have to apologize to all the people I’ve done interviews with today, because I wanted to tell you,” referring to Colbert.

Craig has been playing Agent 007 since 2006’s Casino Royale, and has since starred in three other Bond films: 2008’s Quantum of Solace, 2012’s Skyfall and 2015’s Spectre. Craig made headlines following the release of the latter for making negative comments about the possibility of continuing the role. “I’d rather break this glass and slash my wrists,” the star told Time Out London in 2015 of a possible return to the role.

In regards to his comments, he told Colbert, “There’s no point making excuses about it, but it was two days after I had finished shooting the last movie and I went straight to an interview where someone asked, ‘Would you do another one?’ and I went, ‘No!'”

He added that instead of saying something “with style and grace” he said he gave “a really stupid answer.”

Recently, Craig has seemed to have softened his outlook toward reprising the role, however. The franchise has flourished with Craig in the lead, with Spectre earning $880 million worldwide and 2012’s Skyfall earning more than $1.1 billion.

The as-of-yet untitled Bond 25 was officially announced by EON Productions and Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer last month with a slated Nov. 8, 2019 release date.

Presented by E.Cowan

Written by hollywoodreporter.com

Tom Cruise Broke Two Bones — ‘Mission: Impossible 6’ Filming Delayed

Categories: Uncategorized

It turns out Tom Cruise’s injuries on the set of ‘Mission: Impossible 6’ were worse than was originally reported! The movie star has broken two bones and the film’s shoot will be delayed by months!

Tom Cruise has always prided himself on his ability to perform his own stunts in all his movies but perhaps that’s about to change. The 50-year-old actor injured himself when jumping from one London rooftop to another on Aug. 13 while filming Mission: Impossible 6. And, contrary to previous reports, it appears the injury was so serious, production has been shut down and Tom has flown back to the U.S. to recover. The Oscar-nominated thespian broke two bones in his ankle when he slammed into a building and it will take months for him to heal, according to sources with the Daily Mail. Take a look back at the handsome actor’s illustrious career right here!

Because Tom is the film’s leading man and the entire story revolves around him, there’s little that can be filmed without him present. The delay could mean that Mission: Impossible 6 will be bowing on Christmas 2018 rather than the prior summer. Footage of the accident has been released showing the beloved leading man attempt to make the jump between rooftops, only to tumble into the building’s outer wall, which was padded. But the collision was clearly hard enough to break bones. After his failed jump, Tom limps around and clings to his ankle in apparent discomfort.

“Tom is a little beat up, but he is showing a brave face and not showing lingering effects from his stunt mishap,” an insider close to production previously told HollywoodLife.com EXCLUSIVELY. “And this in no way is going to stop him from doing more stunts of his own in the future. He prides himself that he still can do it and refuses to quit doing his own stunts. It was just a bad day at work and he looks forward to moving forward — incident-free — from this point on.” It’s going to take more than a broken ankle to slow him down!

Presented by E.Cowan

Written by hollywoodlife.com

Edward J. Greene Passes Away At 82

Categories: Uncategorized

Edward J. Greene, a 22-time Emmy-winning mixer in television production and post production and longtime Cinema Audio Society board member, died August 9 in Los Angeles. He was 82.

“The Sound community has lost an icon,” said Cinema Audio Society President Mark Ulano. “And the CAS Board has lost the voice of someone who held a vast knowledge of the history and evolution of live sound recording. Ed was a mentor to many of today’s sound mixers and he will be greatly missed. Our heartfelt condolences are with his family.”

Greene mixed some of the most highly regarded music, variety and award shows and live drama episodes and specials including ER, Fail Safe and The West Wing Live. He won 22 Emmy Awards and 61 nominations, ranking him third for most nominations and second for most wins by an individual. He was a member of the Television Academy when it formed its current incarnation in 1977, and served Governor of the Sound Peer Group from 2013-15, according to CAS.

He won a CAS Award in 2003 for sound mixing on the XIX Winter Olympics Opening Ceremony. He was nominated for four CAS Awards for his work on American Idol, The Kennedy Center Honors: A Celebration of the Performing Arts and two Grammy Awards telecasts.

Other live productions on which Greene worked include he Oscars, Tony Awards and SAG Awards. He also mixed the Live from Lincoln Center specials, Carnegie Hall Live at 100, numerous Macy’s Thanksgiving Day and Tournament of Roses parades, The AFI Life Achievement Awards, The 52nd Presidential Inaugural Gala, The 1996 Summer Olympics, The 2002 Winter Olympics Opening and Closing Ceremonies and years of American Idol.

Born and raised in New York City, Greene began his professional audio career with a summer job in 1954 at Allegro Studios in New York doing voice and piano demos for music publishers. Within two years the studio was doing full recording sessions. After a stint in the Army, he co-founded Edgewood Studios in Washington, with radio and television commentator Charles Osgood (who retired last year) and composer George Wilkins. Some of his recordings include Charlie Byrd and Stan Getz’s “Jazz Samba” and Ramsey Lewis’ “The In Crowd.”

In 1970, Greene moved to California as chief engineer for MGM Records and worked with Sammy Davis Jr., the Osmonds and Lou Rawls, among other prominent artists of the time. He was brought into television mixing by Frank Sinatra. In 2004 he participated in the Oral History Project of the Audio Engineering Society. He also taught for many years at the Summer Recording Institute program at the Eastman School of Music, in Rochester, NY.

Greene served on the Board of Directors of the Cinema Audio Society from 2005 until his death. In 2007, he was presented with the CAS Career Achievement Award. He previously served as a Governor of the Sound Branch of the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.

Greene is survived by his wife of 30 years, Lynne Cruise; and his children, Grant, Sam, Lynda and Larry in Los Angeles; and his brother David in Toronto. A memorial service will be held at a later date.

Presented by E.Cowan

Written by deadline.com

Springsteen On Broadway Confirmed

Categories: Uncategorized

Bruce Springsteen will make his Broadway debut this fall with Springsteen on Broadway, a solo show at the Walter Kerr Theatre. Performances for Springsteen on Broadway begin October 3, with an official opening October 12. The Boss will perform five shows a week through November 26th, per today’s announcement.

“I wanted to do some shows that were as personal and as intimate as possible,” Springsteen said in the announcement. “I chose Broadway for this project because it has the beautiful old theaters which seemed like the right setting for what I have in mind. In fact, with one or two exceptions, the 960 seats of the Walter Kerr Theatre is probably the smallest venue I’ve played in the last 40 years. My show is just me, the guitar, the piano and the words and music. Some of the show is spoken, some of it is sung. It loosely follows the arc of my life and my work. All of it together is in pursuit of my constant goal to provide an entertaining evening and to communicate something of value.”

“Bruce Springsteen is one of our greatest musical storytellers,” says Jordan Roth, President of Jujamcyn Theaters, which owns the Walter Kerr, “and Broadway is built on a beloved tradition of musical storytelling.”

The creative team for Springsteen on Broadway includes Heather Wolensky (scenic design), Natasha Katz (lighting design) and Brian Ronan (sound design).

Tickets will go on sale August 30 through Ticketmaster Verified Fan, which the online seller says levels the playing field to combat bots. Registration begins today and will close August 27. Verified fans will be notified August 29 for the August 30 on sale; see brucespringsteen.net/broadway.

Presented by E.Cowan

Written by deadline.com

 

Glen Campbell Passes Away AT 81

Categories: Uncategorized

Glen Campbell — legendary country music singer best known for his 1975 hit, “Rhinestone Cowboy” — has died after a long battle with Alzheimer’s … TMZ has learned.

Campbell died Tuesday around 10 AM in a Nashville facility for Alzheimer’s patients … according to a source close to his family.

The musician released more than 70 albums over a 50-year career, and had a series of hits in the ’60s and ’70s including “Gentle on My Mind,” “Wichita Lineman,” “Galveston,” “Country Boy” and his best-selling single, “Rhinestone Cowboy.”

Glen made history in 1967 by winning 4 Grammys in the country and pop categories, and took home CMA’s Entertainer of the Year award in 1968.

Campbell was also an actor and TV host who starred in the variety show ,”The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour” on CBS from 1969-1972. The 2014 documentary “I’ll Be Me” documented Glen’s farewell tour and struggle with his Alzheimer’s diagnosis.

He’s survived by his wife, Kim Campbell, and 8 children. Kim’s scheduled to speak at The Alzheimer’s Alliance of Smith County luncheon in Tyler, Texas in November about the challenges faced by people living with the disease and their families.

Glen was 81.

Presented by E.Cowan

Written by tmz.com

New Podcast Will Dive Deep Into The Origins Of ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’

Categories: Uncategorized

Ever wonder how a show about a grumpy, bald, middle-aged writer fumbling through awkward social interactions and banal inconveniences became one of the most beloved comedies ever to grace television screens?

A new podcast called “Origins” will figure out just that, with a five-episode chapter digging into how “Curb Your Enthusiasm” came into being.

The podcast, presented by DGital Media and hosted by journalist and “Curb” superfan James Andrew Miller, will explore a variety of “epochal beginnings” ― in film, music, books and relationships.

“Curb” initially ran from 2000 to 2011. In tandem with the show’s highly anticipated return to HBO, “Origins” will kick off with a chapter devoted to Larry David and the gang.

“People told me after the show started airing they had to leave the room for some scenes because they were cringing and they couldn’t bear to watch it, like it was a horror movie,” David says in a preview for the pod. “I had no idea it was having that effect on people. And I liked it.”

David will be joined by “Curb” actors including Cheryl Hines, Susie Essman, Ted Danson, Richard Lewis, Bob Einstein and many more, all of whom will provide first-person accounts of the show’s early days while rehashing how it changed over time, becoming not just a great show but a watershed moment in comedy.

“The most bizarre thing is they would beg me to tell them to go fuck themselves,” Essman, who plays Susie Greene on the show, tells Miller. “I’d be in the middle of Broadway at Fairway looking at produce. And they’re just shoving phones in my face: ‘It’s my husband, call him a fat fuck!’ That kind of thing. So that was bizarre. But it’s kind of cool! Kind of nice.

Presented by E.Cowan

Written by huffingtonpost.com

 

David Letterman Is Returning To TV 

Categories: Uncategorized

The six-episode untitled series will feature in-depth interviews as well as topics outside of the studio.

Two years after signing off CBS’ The Late Show, David Letterman is returning to the small screen.

The longest-serving host in U.S. late-night TV history is set to topline a new talk show for Netflix. The untitled six-episode series will premiere in 2018.

Unlike The Late Show, each hourlong episode of the Netflix series will be prerecorded and feature Letterman conducting longform conversations with a singular guest as well as exploring topics on his own — outside of the studio. A guest list has not yet been revealed.

“I feel excited and lucky to be working on this project for Netflix. Here’s what I have learned, if you retire to spend more time with your family, check with your family first. Thanks for watching, drive safely,” Letterman said.

The series is produced by RadicalMedia (What Happened, Miss Simone? and Oh Hello on Broadway and Abstract: The Art of Design) as well as Letterman’s Worldwide Pants banner.

“Just meeting David Letterman was a thrill; imagine how exciting it is for me to announce that we will be working together,” Netflix’s Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos said. “David Letterman is a true television icon, and I can’t wait to see him out in the wild, out from behind the desk and interviewing the people he finds most interesting. We’ll have to see if he keeps the beard.”

Letterman hosted more than 6,000 episodes of late-night talk shows during his time on NBC’s Late Night as well as CBS’ The Late Show over 33 years. As a writer, producer and performer, he collected 52 nominations and 10 wins. He’s a two-time Peabody Award winner who will be honored with the Mark Twain Prize in October. He has interviewed virtually every presidential candidate as well as cabinet officials while also shedding light on topics including world hunger and climate change. (During his career, he has interviewed President Trump multiple times.)

Letterman announced plans to step down from The Late Show in 2014, signing off the air in 2015 with nearly 14 million viewers tuning in to see his farewell.

“I’m feeling anxious. I find, since I don’t have a show anymore, I can’t stop talking,” Letterman said in a December story in which he interviewed Tina Fey for THR.

The series expands Netflix’s talk show footprint beyond Chelsea Handler’s weekly talk show, which changed its format in its sophomore season to expand to an hour with more in-depth interviews, bigger field pieces and trips to India, Europe and more.

Presented by E.Cowan

Written by hollywoodreporter.com

 

Lucille Ball Biopic Starring Cate Blanchett Lands At Amazon

Categories: Uncategorized

The authorized biopic is being produced by Ball and Desi Arnaz’s children.

Amazon has scooped up the rights to the Lucille Ball biopic that has a script by Aaron Sorkin. Cate Blanchett is in talks to star.

The film will center on the life of the iconic actress, who starred on TV sitcoms I Love Lucy, The Lucy–Desi Comedy Hour, The Lucy Show, Here’s Lucy and Life with Lucy. She was nominated for 13 Emmys and won four times, and she also won the Golden Globe Cecil B. DeMille Award in 1979. She was married to actor Desi Arnaz from 1940 to 1960.

The couple’s children, Lucie Arnaz and Desi Arnaz Jr., will produce the film along with Escape Artists. Jenna Block will oversee the project for Escape Artists.

Blanchett was most recently seen in Cinderella, Carol and Dan Rather biopic Truth. She will soon be seen in Ocean’s Eight and Marvel and Disney’s Thor: Ragnarok. She’s repped by CAA.

Sorkin wrote the scripts for The Social Network, Moneyball and Steve Jobs. He also wrote the script for Molly’s Game, which he also directed, for Sony. He’s repped by WME.

Presented by E.Cowan

Written by hollywoodreporter.com

Norman Lear Refuses To Be Honored By Donald Trump

Categories: Uncategorized

The TV icon will skip his Kennedy Center Honors—and it isn’t the first time he’s snubbed POTUS.

Representatives for Norman Lear have issued the following clarification: “Mr. Lear is thrilled to receive a Kennedy Center Honor this year. Although he has clearly stated he will not be attending the White House reception he looks forward to attending the Awards Gala at the Kennedy Center on December 3rd and ‘wouldn’t wish to be anywhere else that night.’”

The original story continues below.

Norman Lear, a TV icon who revolutionized the sitcom as we know it, is finally receiving a Kennedy Center Honor at the age of 95. However, Lear won’t be there to celebrate this milestone, thanks to Donald Trump. The New York Times reports that Lear will boycott the December reception at the White House in protest against the president, whom Lear considers a fool.

As the Times puts it, it is fairly ironic that Lear would receive this award during one of the most volatile presidencies in recent history, decades after he created a character like Archie Bunker in All in the Family. Bunker was a loud-mouthed bigot who, despite fiery rhetoric, was still a memorable and beloved TV character, who has often been compared to Trump and the president’s loudest supporters. Lear, however, doesn’t necessarily agree with that assessment.

“I think Donald Trump is shrewd in a way Archie never was,” Lear told the Daily Beast last year, shortly before Trump won the election. “Archie Bunker was far wiser of heart. Sure, the thoughts he held were antediluvian. But Donald Trump is a thorough fool, having nothing to do with the shrewdness that has allowed him to cheat and steal the way he has for his own good. Underneath that, he is a fool.”

Presented by E.Cowan

Written by variety.com

Ralph Macchio Is Returning To Star In A ‘Karate Kid’ Sequel

Categories: Uncategorized

The 1984 hit “Karate Kid” is officially getting a spinoff series, titled “Cobra Kai,” and its log line perfectly sums it up:

“The show is about two men addressing past demons and present frustrations the only way they know how: through karate.”

The two men are Ralph Macchio and William Zabka, reprising their roles as Daniel LaRusso and Johnny Lawrence, respectively.

Per Deadline, the description continues: “Thirty years after the events of the 1984 All Valley Karate Tournament, a down-and-out Johnny Lawrence seeks redemption by reopening the infamous Cobra Kai karate dojo. Reigniting his rivalry with a now successful Daniel LaRusso, who has been struggling to maintain balance in his life without the guidance of his mentor, Mr. Miyagi.”

Pat Morita, the actor who played Mr. Miyagi, died in 2005.

Presented by E.Cowan

%d bloggers like this: